My first attempt to process a combustion chamber ion signal to find perfect ignition timing. Needs a lot of work, but it’s a good proof of concept.
I zap myself with an ignition coil as I try out my new teensy/arduino based piggyback ECU. But it works and it’s the final step before trying ion sensing on the car.
Today I test arduino based PWM fuel pump pressure control. This will
give the Blue Beast the ability to have boost referenced fuel pump pressure control
and on the fly fuel tuning with my cell phone.
Testing my custom piggyback ignition coil control with an oscilloscope. This gives me the ability to advance and retard ignition timing with OBD2 codes sent from my smartphone. I plan on using this later for closed loop ignition timing control with ion sensing.
Trying out my arduino/Teensy 3.1 based preturbo water injection and boost control at 4Psi. Had an issue where it would drop out of boost after 4krpm, but that was software only and has now been fixed.
Misfires appear to be from some bad IAT sensor wiring. Fixing when I get a new connector.
Changing some of the nastiest spark plugs to fix misfiring at high RPM on my Rx8.
I change out a fuel pressure sensor I had previously added to my turbo Rx8. The sensor shows up on torque because of a Teensy 3.1/Arduino based controller that adds parameters to OBD2.
Changing coolant on my Rx8 after having a line burst and subsequent refill with water.
Cleaning deposits on my water injector with vinegar, and flow testing in preparation to go back into boost!
Smoke starts billowing up as my coolant temperature climbs to the
redline. Don’t cheap out on hoses, and always look for mystery coolant leaks before they become much bigger!